Time always has a habit of slipping away from us throughout out the year but it has been an eventful journey for me and I’m sure it has been for you as well! I wanted to share with you a mini overview of what OrganixLocs and I have experienced in 2015 because I enjoy sharing great news with you:
- November 16th marked one year of being engaged to my hubby, bestie, and men’s grooming & lifestyle blogger Anthony James! I am blessed to have found my soul mate and I look forward to building our futures together!
- I participated in the 2015 Philly Natural Hair Showand taught a Science of Natural Hair workshop. I teamed up with Real Food Chef Samantha-Carrie Johnson to discuss the function of hair, its layers, what determines your curl pattern, and natural plant ingredients that can be used on the hair and skin!
- I became the Chair of Edison’s Cosmetology Occupational Advisory Committee and our purpose is to assist teachers and administrators with developing quality programs for our young people and to create a stronger link with the business, industry, and post secondary institutions to prepare future industry professionals; I’m excited for the line up of industry professionals we have visiting the students to give them inspiration and knowledge of the hair care industry.
- I became a brand consultant for the natural hair care brand, Original Moxie. This year the brand began retailing their products in Sephora locations and I led the Philly area for the in store Natural Hair Event. We gave away Moxie mini starter kits, gave in depth hair and scalp analysis for each customer, and meet tons of great men and women!
- I supported Natasha Keele of NYKseries and her“The Guide to Understanding Transitioning & How To Love Your Hair”. I gave my hair care insight as a blogger and cosmetologist and you can check out the guide or sign up atwww.nykseries.com to receive your FREE copy until January 4th now!
And the most exciting news of all is being invited to Rowan University by their Office of Social Justice, Inclusion & Conflict Resolution to serve as the Opening Plenary for the university’s Black Hair Symposium on March 23, 2016!
All in all, I wanted to show you how much I appreciate your support of OrganixLocs. Every little Instagram comment, retweet, or Pinterest pin makes me excited to know I have others backing me.
Have a safe, prosperous, and Happy New Year!